Visioneers (2008)

Posted on 2:13 PM by Two Guys

I love comedy and I especially appreciate black or dark humor. I also enjoy fart jokes, the Jonas Brothers' catalog of music and things that are funny. Visioneers is mainly a depressing movie. I really tried to give it a shot and I totally get the whole concept. Working in an office for more than a decade can give you a real appreciation for a movie of this nature. It's a dark twist on life as people all over the world are combusting as the pressures of the world around them increase on a daily basis.

Zach Galifianakis is funny and he is especially good in scenes without dialogue where his actions speak louder than words. Yet, nothing about this movie is that funny. I don't think it was even intended to be a comedy as much as a humorous spin on our society. Everyone relates to things differently, but when you have to explain a movie to someone by saying "It's very weird dark humor" then it's generally not funny.

I really wanted to like this movie more, but I barely laughed and by the last quarter of the movie everyone in the room looked very bored. I would say to give it a shot, but it's probably hit or miss.

No Response to "Visioneers (2008)"

Leave A Reply