Step Brothers

Posted on 1:58 PM by Two Guys

Sometimes you just have to put things like plot and reality aside and say “screw it” That’s how I feel about Stepbrothers. There are times when it’s pointless (pretty much the whole movie) and crude. It’s also great for about a million one-liners.

John C. Reilly and Will Ferrell play two middle aged men, whose parents are getting married. Neither one is taking it very well, ending in a laughable sibling rivalry. Having a brother myself, these are some of the funniest moments in any Will Ferrell movie I’ve seen. Reilly and Ferrell are a perfect fit for each other because they both will give anything for a laugh.

One of the best scenes is when Ferrell is on his way to meet his new “Stepdad” and he tells his mother that he’s not going to call him “Dad.” The way Reilly guards his drumset is something that anyone with a sibling can relate to.

If you like complete nonsense this is a great movie. One-liner after one-liner? This is the movie for you. I like to judge a movie by the “buy-ability” factor. Will I watch this movie over and over and still enjoy it?  It’s a “yes” for me.

Shane

No Response to "Step Brothers"

Leave A Reply